CCAA NSW is delighted to offer this
Professional Development opportunity:
For those participants who are unable to travel in,
or are from regional, rural or remote NSW,
we will be offering this workshop using Zoom
(Additional instructions added below)
Treating Addiction Comorbidity
Saturday 18 August 2018:
10am - 5pm
This workshop will:
- Explain the development of addiction from a bio-psycho-social and human developmental needs perspective
- Explain how addiction stems from our innate homeostatic drive for health and wellbeing
- Demonstrate how to deconstruct addiction and empower clients to see it as something they do - rather than something they have.
- Demonstrate how to develop and implement a comprehensive therapeutic intervention plan for addiction that accounts for the specific needs unique to each individual.
- Provide participants with a useful template for developing a therapeutic intervention plan with clients
Presented by: Chris Davidson (Ba. Couns., Dip. Clin Hyp., Dip. Com Serv.,
Dip. Gam Couns., Dip. Bus Man., Cert. Ma NLP., Cert. TEA.)
Chris has been working in addiction for the past 20 years and has over 12,000 hours clinical experience in this field.
He is an accredited supervisor with the Australian Counsellors Association and provides clinical supervision and training to various counselling services throughout NSW.
He has been an advisor the NSW government on the professional development of gambling addiction counsellors plus he has presented to the Federal Senate on harm minimization of poker machines.
Date: 18 August 2018
Time: 10am - 5pm
Place: Morling College, 122 Herring Rd, Macquarie Park, NSW 2113
(parking available via Saunders Close entrance)
Cost: $140 (members)
CPD: 6 hours
Morning and afternoon tea will be provided. Please bring your own lunch or avail yourself of the plethora of cafes in the Macquarie shopping centre.
Please don't miss out, register today!
What do I have to do?
- RSVP Julie Marshall: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com
- Advise if you are attending "in-person" or via "zoom" (video conference)
- Make your payment
- Send a copy or PDF of your payment receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment options -
- If attending in person: Prepay by Internet Banking or pay on the day of the workshop
- If attending via Zoom: Prepay by Internet Banking by Thursday 16th August
Internet Banking Info
Bank Name - CBA
Account name - CCAA (NSW) Inc
BSB - 062 223
Account # - 2801 0353
(Please make sure your name is in the reference field -eg B Smith-TAC PD)
If attending via "Zoom" (Video Conferencing) - we will send you an email with a link in it prior to the PD. On the day of the PD, about 15mins before the PD start time, open the email and click on the "Link". Follow the instructions to install "Zoom" and connect to the meeting. The email will also define the unique meeting ID. This Meeting ID will need to be entered. At the start time of the PD, the meeting will open in Zoom. As there is a prior meeting from 9am-10am, the start of this PD may be momentarily delayed - please be patient.
What equipment do I need to attend by Zoom? A computer with a microphone, camera and speakers, that is connected to the internet (PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android)
If you have Prepaid for the PD and elected (in advance) to attend via "Zoom", and have any Zoom connection difficulties: call Paul on 0412 780 584 - he will try to provide additional assistance until 1pm on the day.