Advertisement - Suffering Redeemed
Presented by Richard Elms
9.30 – 4.30 Thursday 10th May, 2018. Penrith. NSW.
A one day Professional Development workshop for Christian psychologists, social workers, counsellors, chaplains and others in pastoral ministry.
Participants can expect to learn about:
- A biblical framework for responding to suffering;
- How to minimise the toxic effects of suffering on identity, and to enhance a sense of dignity;
- Practical ideas for counselling children, adolescents and adults - from a faith or non faith background;
- How to apply the ideas where people have experienced domestic violence, sexual abuse and other forms of trauma.
- How to evaluate whether those who have harmed others have genuinely repented and addressed the issues.
About the Presenter
Richard is a Mental Health Social Worker who has been providing therapy to people who have experienced trauma and other forms of suffering since 1980. He has provided clinical supervision, training and consultation to Government Departments, NGO’s, a psychiatric hospital, and to professionals working with a range of issues, including sexual abuse, domestic violence, child protection, depression, anxiety, disability, abusive behaviour etc. Richard is a Contact Person for people who wish to make complaints about misconduct by church workers for the Anglican Diocese of Sydney and the Presbyterian Church in NSW.
Richard is author of The Wreck Redeemed: Stories of Suffering and Hope. Check it out on Facebook for news, reviews and previews.
- Cost is $240.00 per person.
- Registrations close Thursday 3rd May 2018.
- Express your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, type of work you do, and contact details.
- You will then be given payment details, information about the venue etc.
- Once payment has been received your registration will be confirmed.
|Event date||10-05-2018 9:30 am|
|Event End Date||10-05-2018 4:30 am|
|Cut off date||03-05-2018|