The Theology of Core Identity
1. INTEGRATION OF THEOLOGY WITH PYCHOLOGY FOR SUPERVISORS AND SUPERVISEES.
1. Be aware of your client’s spirituality and world view that may affect their situation.
2. Be spiritually aware of your own theological world view basis and know how to deliberately integrate it into your therapy.
3. Be competent to deal with your own and your client’s spirituality as you develop your therapeutic relationship.
4. Be competent to deal ethically with your client’s and your own spirituality, religion and belief practices.
5. As supervisors and supervisees be able to process these issues in supervision.
2. DEVELOPING A THEOLOGY OF CORE IDENTITY
• Healthy Core Identity Defined - Core Identity components of worth, belonging & competence
• Core Identity inputs and shapes
• Identifying a damaged Core Identity from Childhood Developmental trauma impact - Pathological Critic, Low self-esteem traps
• Developing a healthy theological definition of core identity
• Processing a healthy core identity into practice - Self-Blame Recovery, Disarming the Pathological critic
Processing a Healthy core Identity - Rebuilding Worth, Rebuilding Belonging, Rebuilding Competence, Continuing in the new identity
Presenters: Bill Van Schie - BD, MA (Counsel), CCAAV ( Clinical/Supervisor), PACFA Supervisor (Reg) ARCAP Bill has a Masters degree in Counselling and a Bachelor of Divinity degree. He has been in pastoral ministry in local congregations for more than 36 years and has gone into full time counselling for the last 15 years and is a qualified supervisor.
John Andersen - B.A. M.A. M.Sc (MFT), M.Th. CCAV (Cinical/Supervisor), PACFA (Reg), ARCAP Psychologist & Family Therapist John was originally trained in organizational psychology, after which he worked for over 10 years as a strategic business planner and in financial management. After completing graduate studies in marriage and family therapy in the United States, John worked as a marriage and family therapist in Nebraska, and then taught counselling at Tabor College for 6 years. John specializes in relationship counselling including: marital, stepfamily / blended family issues. Individual counselling includes depression, anxiety, sexual addiction, sexual abuse and addressing men’s issues.
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR SUPERVISORS AS WELL AS SUPERVISEES SO THAT SUPERVISORS CAN CLAIM IT AS SUPERVISION PD POINTS (12 PD points) AND SUPERVISEES CAN CLAIM FOR CPD POINTS. ( 6 hours = 12 points)
|Event date||26-05-2018 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||26-05-2018 3:00 pm|
|Cut off date||24-05-2018|