CCAA Clinical Member
CCAA No. 200587
M Couns. Grad Dip Dance Movement Therapy.
- I started my career dancing professionally in a number of musicals in Germany. In this time I became increasingly aware of the healing power (both in the body and the psyche) of movement. When I retired from the dance world, I wanted to pursue my interest in this area and so first studied to become a personal trainer and Pilate’s instructor and then onto a Graduate Diploma in Dance Movement Therapy and a Masters in Counselling.
- This journey led me to where I am today - a clinical counsellor and psychotherapist and a dance movement therapist. I worked for 12 years as a counsellor at Excelsia College (previously Wesley Institute) and been in private practice for many years. For the past few years, I have lectured at both Excelsia and Morling Colleges in their School of Counselling.
- I count it an honour and privilege to walk beside clients on their therapy journey. I believe each person is different and so requires an individual approach to meet their specific needs. I believe strongly in the importance of the therapeutic relationship and creating a safe space. I work using a variety of models depending on what the client requires. These include but are not limited to person centred therapy, emotionally focused therapy, psychodynamic psychotherapy, and internal family systems.
- I provide therapy for a broad range of issues including trauma and complex trauma, childhood abuse and neglect, depression, anxiety, identity issues, building better relationships, resolving conflict, stress and anger management, communication, assertiveness, and boundary setting, coping with emotions, self-esteem, and confidence. I also work with creatives helping them find their creative identity, working through performance anxiety, anxiety, or depression; working with perfectionism and procrastination, overcoming self-doubt, dealing with disappointments, and working to regulate emotions.
- I can appropriately integrate faith issues in counselling for Christian clients.
- I work with clients face to face and using online platforms.
Addictions, Anger Management, Anxiety, Childhood Abuse, Depression, Emotional Crisis, Grief, Loss, Trauma, Healthy Boundaries, Life Transitions, Relationships, Self Esteem, Sexual Issues, Stress Management
PACFA Registration No.