CCAA Provisional Member
CCAA No. 400912
BA (Psychology) UQ Master of Counselling CHC
Ruth Larwill has a BA in Psychology and an MA in Trauma Counselling and specialises in clients with complex trauma at her private psychotherapy practice in Brisbane, Australia.
Ruth Larwill is the Founder and Director of Trauma Aftercare at Bloom Asia - an anti-trafficking NGO (www.bloomasia.org) that supports survivors of sex-trafficking with trauma therapy, vocational training and employment in SE Asia. Ruth Larwill has recently handed over the role of CEO to focus on building an integrated, evidence-based psychotherapy program specifically nuanced for survivors of sex-trafficking. This include Trauma Informed Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (TF-ACT), Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS) and Coherence Therapy.
Founder Bloom Asia: Jul 2009 – present
- Established 3 Vocational Training & Employment Centres in SE Asia
- Established a successful trauma-informed Freedom Business model for survivors of exploitation in SE ASIA
- Established Therapy program for survivors of sex-trafficking in Cambodia
- Established TF-ACT group therapy program for survivors of complex PTSD in Brisbane and SE Asia
- Researcher & publisher of ACT Therapy studies on survivors of sex-trafficking