For those of our Provisional Members wishing to upgrade to Clinical Membership they are required to have done a Theological workshop or training. This may be done within their counselling training or can be done seperately. These 2 online events can be viewed and used to give the necessary training required.
Competent and Ethical Engagement with Spirituality and Spiritual Practices in Counselling – Bill Van Schie
The consideration of Spirituality as an important issue in therapy is being realised more and more today. In a multi-cultural society many clients from different Faith or Philosophical backgrounds enter the counselling room with a spiritual context that is contributing to their condition. As a Faith based and spiritually aware association, we will attract clients who will also want to deal with their spiritual issues. It is therefore imperative that we are competent and ethical in what we do. That is why we have included Spirituality Guidelines into our Code of Ethics and why we are holding this workshop at this time. This workshop will also provide six hours of integration PD for those who are working towards Clinical membership and because of the applications to supervisors it will also provide six hours of supervisor PD.
In this workshop we will examine:
- In depth Theological Integration that connects with Spirituality
- Examine Competencies in spiritual self-awareness, Awareness of client’s spirituality, and our approach to client’s spirituality.
- Examine Ethical principles and guidelines in dealing with the client’s spirituality.
- Examine the use of Scripture, Prayer and Spiritual Gifts in counselling.
A Practical Therapeutic Plan for Growing Self Esteem, Integrating Biblical Principles –Bill Van Schie
In this workshop we will follow the practical steps by which we will facilitate the enhancement of a client’s core identity by growing their self-esteem also from a faith perspective.
- We will examine what makes low self-esteem in childhood
- We will walk through the therapeutic steps unpacking the child within that gets emotionally and personally triggered.
- We will reveal the client’s adult strengths, including a theological perspective of self.
- We will start the conversation between the adult and the child so that the past is integrated into the present and confidence is enhanced and the critical voice within is silenced.
- This workshop is a practical supplement to the previous workshop on “Being Competent and Ethical in dealing with Spirituality in Counselling.”
For all those who attended the “Being Competent and Ethical in dealing with Spirituality in the Counselling Room” workshop recently, this workshop is of particular interest. Since that workshop, I have been approached by a few for some practical steps on how to deal with a client with significant needs leading right into introducing theological concepts. I have decided to share with you, in this short workshop, how I do it in the area of self-esteem and core identity. So you can see this workshop as a supplement to the other one. Shalom, Bill