Supervision requirements for members
- Registered Members (Clinical, Graduate & Provisional) are required to have regular Supervision for their counselling by an approved and suitably trained Supervisor.
- Provisional and Graduate Members working towards Clinical membership are required to have 75 hours of supervision related to 160 hours of counselling. We recommend that Supervision be at least 50% Individual and the remainder can be Group Supervision.
- Clinical Members are required to have a minimum of 10 hours of Supervision per year. If more than 400 hours of counselling, a minimum of 15 hours of Supervision. Supervision should be 50% Individual, and the remainder can be Group and/or Peer Supervision.
Find a Christian Supervisor
- Go to Find a Supervisor - listing all Christian Registered Supervisors in Australia
- Select 'Refine Last Search' to refine your list to a Location or Areas of Practice
List on CCAA 'Find a Supervisor'
- Complete the Registered Supervisor Application
- List on the CCAA 'Find a Supervisor' listing above, by filling out a simple Template with your details.
Latest Supervision News
List as an Accredited Supervisor on the PACFA Register.
PACFA requirements for Peer Supervision
The requirements in relation to Peer Supervision were updated on the Form to reflect the definition of Peer Supervision contained in the PACFA Training Standards 2012.
Peer supervision – The 10 hours of supervision can be peer supervision only if practitioners have been listed as Clinical Registrants with PACFA continuously for at least 5 years. Peer supervision is a formal process where clinicians contract to provide collegial critiquing and enhancement of each other’s clinical work. Colleagues or peers work together for mutual benefit, rotating the roles of supervisor and supervisee. Peer supervision can be undertaken as a dyad or within a small group of no more than 6 members.
What are the CCAA/PACFA Supervision Standards and how will that affect me?
Join a Supervision Group
- Karinya Centre Glen Waverley - check out their listing for flyers for Groups.
- Group Supervision is run on the 2nd and 3rd Wednesday morning of the month from 9:30am to 11:30am.
- Maureen Ireland, Mont Albert - Group Supervision and Peer Supervision for Supervision on Supervision. Check out Maureen's listing for flyers for her groups.
Sydney (New South Wales)
- Magdalena Liem, Epping & North Parramatta offers Group Supervision of Individual Work as well as Group Supervision for Couple work - check out Magdalena's listing for brochures on her groups.
Brisbane / Gold Coast (Queensland)
- Phil Henry (Making the Difference), Mt Gravatt -Individual and/or Group Supervision- check out Phil or Making the Difference website for more information.
- Zea Eagle (Let’s Talk Life, Nerang 4211) - Individual and/or Group Supervision – check out Zea’s listing or website for further details
- Supervision Letter to Members April 2010 - Dominie Nelson
- Article on Group Supervision by Lars Anderson - This article is for individual and private use only. Copyright requirements apply with any use for teaching or other group purposes. Listed by permission of Psychotherapy in Australia.
- Centre for Supervision Training - Michael Carroll's web site. Registration is FREE.
- ERIC - Education Resources Information Center - contains Bibliographic records of education literature, plus a growing collection of full text; an Alphabetical index of journals covering 1966 to the present; Quick search options to locate special collections.
- PsychOz Publications - Resources for Effective Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Supervision Contract - Suggested